In view of its specialist expertise in major civil and commercial criminal cases, the firm is often asked to advise on pre-litigation strategy or to review and report on new legal situations that raise serious issues. Its ground-breaking work on plea agreements is a prime example of this.
Such strategic advice is often sought in cases with an international dimension. For example, Soulez Larivière & Associés has been asked to research the gathering of evidence through the discovery process in the US and British systems.
More generally, the firm also advises its industrial clients on environmental issues, security, prevention and industrial risks of all kinds.
The firm has also 20 years’ experience in advising corporate clients on liability issues before they set up internal structures or delegate responsibility for criminal liability to specific executives. Lastly, Soulez Larivière & Associés also helps clients set up their compliance programs.
Articles relating to this practice area (only available in French):
- Le deferred prosecution agreement américain, une forme inédite de justice négociée
- Comprendre les deals de justice
- L’anticorruption est-elle l’avenir du monde ?
- Souverains et sujets
- L’affaire Volkswagen : justice américaine et justice mondiale
- Vers une reconnaissance internationale du principe non bis in idem
- La défense des entreprises à l’heure du droit global
- Sapin 2 : la « transaction pénale » doit faire son retour dans le projet de loi
|< previous page|